R. Ashwin ruled out of IPL; Rahul, Vijay set to undergo surgeries
Latest News »
- Union cabinet clears transfer of AAI’s 40 acre land to MMRDA for Mumbai Metro
- D-Mart shares up 230% from issue price, market cap swells to Rs61,731.32 crore
- Fiat Chrysler planning spin-offs of Maserati, Alfa Romeo brands
- Vishal Wanchoo appointed CEO of GE South Asia
- Kerala High Court upholds discharge of CM Pinarayi Vijayan in SNC-Lavlin case
New Delhi: India’s premier off-spinner Ravichandran Ashwin will miss the 10th Indian Premier League (IPL) due to recurrence of sports hernia.
Ashwin plays for Rising Pune Supergiants in the IPL. Ashwin, a key member of the Indian team across all formats, will be required 100% fit during the upcoming Champions Trophy starting 1 June.
The 30-year-old all-rounder has featured in all the 13 home Test matches this season, handling unbelievable workload of bowling close to 750 overs. He has taken an astounding 81 wickets this season, highest by any Indian bowler, and also contributed handsomely in bulk of India’s 10 Test victories.
A host of Indian players would either miss or be rested from a few games after a gruelling international season.
Test openers KL Rahul (Royal Challengers Bangalore) and Murali Vijay (Kings XI Punjab), both suffering from dodgy shoulders, will miss the entire tournament while skipper Virat Kohli and speedster Umesh Yadav are set to skip a few matches for their respective franchises RCB and Kolkata Knight Riders.