Rahul Dravid, Zaheer Khan are being humiliated: Ramachandra Guha
New Delhi: Former Committee of Administrators (CoA) member Ramachandra Guha feels Rahul Dravid and Zaheer Khan are being subjected to “public humiliation” by the manner in which their appointment as consultants has been put on hold.
“The shameful treatment of Anil Kumble has now been compounded by the cavalier treatment of Zaheer Khan and Rahul Dravid,” Guha tweeted.
“Kumble, Dravid and Zaheer were true greats of the game who gave it all on the field. They did not deserve this public humiliation,” he added. His comments came after the CoA approved the appointment of Ravi Shastri as chief coach on Saturday. However, the committee did not implicitly specify whether Dravid and Khan were on board as batting and bowling consultants, respectively, for overseas tours, as had been claimed by the Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI).
As per the minutes of the meeting, the “appointments of other consultants will be decided by the committee in consultation with the head coach”.
Guha had resigned from the CoA, lambasting the “superstar culture” in Indian cricket, while also hitting out at former players on ‘conflict of interest’ issues.
- ED plans new chargesheet against Vijay Mallya after tracking shell companies
- Madhya Pradesh: two judges lose jobs for having over two kids
- Government bonds oversubscribed as FPIs bid for $700 million
- Coalition against fascism sees Arvind Kejriwal, Yogendra Yadav coming together
- IIMs says CAT 2017 registrations lower than 2016