India on top, Australia slip to 5th in latest ICC Test rankings
Dubai: India continued to be at the top in the ICC Test rankings but Australia slipped one rung to fifth in the latest list after drawing the away series against Bangladesh on Thursday.
India, who whitewashed Sri Lanka 3-0 in the recent away series, have 125 points.
Australia are now on 97 points, the same as New Zealand, but are behind on decimal points. Australia drew the two-Test series against Bangladesh 1- 1. Steve Smith’s men had started the series in fourth position at 100 points.
Australia had to win the series 1-0 or better to remain in fourth position on the points table.
South Africa are placed second at 110 points while England are third with 105 points.
Meanwhile, Bangladesh have gained five points from the series to reach an aggregate of 74 points, though they remain ninth, only ahead of Zimbabwe.
- New Delhi, Beijing agree maintaining peace vital for growth of bilateral ties
- Govt forms panel to review insolvency and bankruptcy code
- A property market slump may have ripple effects on innovation, productivity of staff
- I-T issues draft norms allowing foreign banks to convert local branches into wholly owned units
- Govt to decide on capital allocation based on bank business plans: SBI chief Rajnish Kumar