Virat Kohli rested from ODIs, to play third Test in Delhi
Nagpur: Indian captain Virat Kohli was on Monday rested from the upcoming One-Day International (ODI) series against Sri Lanka but will play the third and final Test in Delhi. Rohit Sharma will be assuming the leadership charge for India in the one-day leg of the ongoing home series next month.
“Current India captain Mr. Virat Kohli has been rested for the ODI series,” the BCCI said in a statement.
India and Sri Lanka are currently engaged in a three- match Test series, which will be followed by three one-dayers starting 10 December in Dharamsala.
The third and final Test of the series will be played from 2 December in the national capital.
India squad for the third Test: Virat Kohli (Captain), M Vijay, KL Rahul, Shikhar Dhawan, Cheteshwar Pujara, Ajinkya Rahane (Vice-Captain), Rohit Sharma, Wriddhiman Saha, R Ashwin, Ravindra Jadeja, Kuldeep Yadav, Mohammed Shami, Umesh Yadav, Ishant Sharma, Vijay Shankar
India squad for the ODI series: Rohit Sharma (Captain), Shikhar Dhawan, Ajinkya Rahane, Shreyas Iyer, Manish Pandey, Kedar Jadhav, Dinesh Karthik, MS Dhoni (WK), Hardik Pandya, Axar Patel, Kuldeep Yadav, Yuzvendra Chahal, Jasprit Bumrah, Bhuvneshwar Kumar, Siddarth Kaul.
- Ahead of Gujarat election results, BJP MP predicts dismal performance for party
- California’s wildfire now ranks as state’s third-largest
- As bitcoin, other currencies soar, regulators urge caution
- Metlife says it failed to pay some pensions, flags hit to reserves
- Dharmendra Pradhan inaugurates Eastern India’s first CNG stations