India beat New Zealand by 321 runs to sweep series
- ASK Group firm deploys Rs150 crore in 2 real estate projects in Pune
- India earned $27 bn from foreign tourist arrivals in 2017: Minister
- Indian consumers favour biometrics over passwords: Visa
- GAIL renegotiates LNG deal with Gazprom
- ADB invests $50 million in True North to support mid-market business in India
Indore: India beat New Zealand by 321 runs in the third and final test to complete a 3-0 sweep in the series at Indore’s Holkar Stadium on Tuesday.
Resuming on 18 for no loss, the hosts declared their second innings on 216 for three to set New Zealand a 475-run victory target in the first test match to be staged at the venue.
Virat Kohli and his men returned to bowl out New Zealand for 153 with Ravichandran Ashwin claiming 7-59 to go with the six wickets he claimed in the first innings.
Ross Taylor (32), Martin Guptill (29) and skipper Kane Williamson (27) made starts but could not build substantial partnerships to take the match into the final day.
The teams now meet in a three-match one-day international series starting on Sunday. Reuters