Ronaldo pips Messi to win Ballon d’Or for joint-record fifth time
Paris: Portugal’s Cristiano Ronaldo was awarded the Ballon d’Or for world player of the year on Thursday for a joint-record fifth time, going level with eternal rival and Barcelona forward Lionel Messi as the player to have won the prize the most times.
The Real Madrid forward won the award, handed out by magazine France Football, for the second consecutive year having led his side to the La Liga title with 25 goals and a successive Champions League crown, netting 12 goals including two in the 4-1 win over Juventus in the final. Reuters
- Dharmendra Pradhan inaugurates Eastern India’s first CNG stations
- Vijay Diwas: Nirmala Sitharaman, armed forces pay tributes to heroes of 1971 war
- Billionaire founder of Canada drug firm in ‘suspicious’ death
- Novel cancer drug gets stymied by Medicare rigid billing system
- PM Modi to visit cyclone-hit areas in Lakshadweep, Kerala, Tamil Nadu