Mumbai Indians win third IPL with 1-run win over Pune Supergiant
Mumbai Indians defend their low 128 runs target to capture their third IPL trophy with Rising Pune Supergiant falling agonisingly short by one run
Latest News »
- Freshworks acquires chat-bot start-up Joe Hukum
- Ram Nath Kovind’s vote share lowest for presidential election winner since 1974
- Future Consumer CEO Devendra Chawla quits
- US FDA finds quality lapses at Intas Pharma’s Moraiya biotech unit
- Reliance Jio trying to transfer its costs to others, says Airtel amid IUC row
Hyderabad: Mumbai Indians were crowned the new IPL champions following their thrilling one-run win over Rising Pune Supergiant in the final in Hyderabad on Sunday.
Rohit Sharma opted to bat after winning the toss but Mumbai batsmen failed to deliver while the Supergiant bowlers came out firing on all cylinders.
Krunal Pandya top scored with a crucial 47-run knock while skipper Sharma contributed 24 runs to help Mumbai post 128/8. Jaydev Unadkat (2/19) and Adam Zampa (2/32) shared four wickets between them for Pune Supergiant.
Mumbai Indians surprisingly managed to defend the low total to capture their third Indian Premier League (IPL) trophy with Pune Supergiant falling agonisingly short by one run.
Supergiant could manage 128 for six in 20 overs with Mitchell Johnson taking two wickets in the final over, in which Supergiant needed 11 runs. Skipper Steve Smith scored 51 runs while Ajinkya Rahane came up with a 44-run knock in Pune chase.
Click here to see the detailed scorecard.