Sania Mirza, Barbora Strycova win Toray Pan Pacific Open
Sania Mirza and Barbora Strycova took just 51 minutes to down their rivals 6-1, 6-1 in the final of the women’s doubles event at the Toray Pan Pacific Open
Latest News »
- Rs0 to Rs 3.3 trillion, the big numbers from Mukesh Ambani’s RIL AGM speech
- CAG report blames institutional failure for poor flood management
- Sushma Swaraj ‘lied’ in Parliament on border standoff, says China’s Global Times
- Audi joins Mercedez-Benz in diesel car recall as emissions scrutiny grows
- Rs12,000 crore worth of digital transactions carried out: Ravi Shankar Prasad
Tokyo: India’s Sania Mirza and her Czech partner Barbora Strycova posted a comfortable straight-set win over unseeded Chinese pair of Chen Liang and Zhaoxuan Yang to lift the Toray Pan Pacific Open title in Tokyo on Saturday.
The second seeded Indo-Czezh combination had an easy outing against the Chinese duo as they took just 51 minutes to down their rivals 6-1, 6-1 in the final of the women’s doubles event. This is Mirza and Strycova’s second title in three tournaments since they have paired together.
Last month, Sania and Strycova won the Cincinnati Open title with a 7-5, 6-4 win in the final against the Indian’s previous partner Martina Hingis and Coco Vandeweghe. However, Mirza and Strycova were ousted from the US Open after losing in straight sets in the quarterfinal to Caroline Garcia and Kristina Mladenovic.