Sania Mirza, Barbora Strycova win Toray Pan Pacific Open
Sania Mirza and Barbora Strycova took just 51 minutes to down their rivals 6-1, 6-1 in the final of the women’s doubles event at the Toray Pan Pacific Open
Latest News »
- Mark Zuckerberg’s new mission for Facebook: Bringing the world closer
- Angel investors network Venture Catalysts to expand operations in tier-II cities
- Donald Trump says didn’t record talks with former FBI director James Comey
- Travis Kalanick’s ouster from Uber shows founder control doesn’t mean job security
- Kerala farmer hangs himself outside revenue office after asked for bribe
Tokyo: India’s Sania Mirza and her Czech partner Barbora Strycova posted a comfortable straight-set win over unseeded Chinese pair of Chen Liang and Zhaoxuan Yang to lift the Toray Pan Pacific Open title in Tokyo on Saturday.
The second seeded Indo-Czezh combination had an easy outing against the Chinese duo as they took just 51 minutes to down their rivals 6-1, 6-1 in the final of the women’s doubles event. This is Mirza and Strycova’s second title in three tournaments since they have paired together.
Last month, Sania and Strycova won the Cincinnati Open title with a 7-5, 6-4 win in the final against the Indian’s previous partner Martina Hingis and Coco Vandeweghe. However, Mirza and Strycova were ousted from the US Open after losing in straight sets in the quarterfinal to Caroline Garcia and Kristina Mladenovic.