Kidambi Srikanth clinches Indonesia Open title
- Aadhaar centres: Banks question UIDAI’s authority to issue directions
- Govt planning liberal norms for electric vehicle charging stations
- At Dharma Productions, it’s all about loving the audience
- Analysts shift focus from consumption, financial stocks to IT, pharma
- Apple hit with trademark lawsuit over iPhone X ‘animoji’ feature
Jakarta: Indian shuttler Kidambi Srikanth lifted the Indonesia Super Series Premier men’s singles title, beating Japan’s Kazumasa Sakai in the final in Jakarta on Sunday.
World no. 22 Srikanth won 21-11, 21-19 in a 37-minute clash against the Japanese qualifier in the $1,000,000 event.
This was the 24-year-old’s second Super Series Premier title. His last Super Series Premier triumph had come in the 2014 China Open. This was the fourth Super Series final for Srikanth, who had reached the summit clash in Singapore in April and had won the 2015 India Open.