Kidambi Srikanth clinches Indonesia Open title
World no. 22 Kidambi Srikanth wins the Indonesia Super Series Premier men’s singles, beating Japan’s Kazumasa Sakai
Latest News »
- Reliance Jio launches 25,000km-long submarine cable system
- Delhi assembly adopts resolution for 85% admission quota in DU colleges for city students
- Rajive Kumar takes over as UP chief secretary; 44 IAS officers transferred
- ED notice to separatist leader Syed Ali Shah Geelani for illegal possession of $10,000
- Bankruptcy proceedings: NCLT to rule on Jyoti Structures on Monday
Jakarta: Indian shuttler Kidambi Srikanth lifted the Indonesia Super Series Premier men’s singles title, beating Japan’s Kazumasa Sakai in the final in Jakarta on Sunday.
World no. 22 Srikanth won 21-11, 21-19 in a 37-minute clash against the Japanese qualifier in the $1,000,000 event.
This was the 24-year-old’s second Super Series Premier title. His last Super Series Premier triumph had come in the 2014 China Open. This was the fourth Super Series final for Srikanth, who had reached the summit clash in Singapore in April and had won the 2015 India Open.