Kidambi Srikanth clinches Indonesia Open title
- PM Modi announces Rs90,000 crore for improving roads, highways in northeast
- Rahul Gandhi to sustain politics of hope: Manmohan Singh
- Sonia Gandhi will contest from Rae Bareli in 2019 Lok Sabha polls: Priyanka Gandhi
- Sonia Gandhi: The woman who would not be queen
- US may stop spouses of H1B visa holders from working
Jakarta: Indian shuttler Kidambi Srikanth lifted the Indonesia Super Series Premier men’s singles title, beating Japan’s Kazumasa Sakai in the final in Jakarta on Sunday.
World no. 22 Srikanth won 21-11, 21-19 in a 37-minute clash against the Japanese qualifier in the $1,000,000 event.
This was the 24-year-old’s second Super Series Premier title. His last Super Series Premier triumph had come in the 2014 China Open. This was the fourth Super Series final for Srikanth, who had reached the summit clash in Singapore in April and had won the 2015 India Open.