Kidambi Srikanth clinches Indonesia Open title
Latest News »
- IIT JEE (Advanced) to go completely online from next year
- Flights diverted at Delhi airport after ‘drone like object’ spotted on runway
- Maharashtra govt, opposition spar over farm loan waiver rollout
- Utkal Express derailment: Northern Railways GM R.N.Kulshrestha sent on leave
- 39 people detained over Neo-Nazi rally in Berlin: Police
Jakarta: Indian shuttler Kidambi Srikanth lifted the Indonesia Super Series Premier men’s singles title, beating Japan’s Kazumasa Sakai in the final in Jakarta on Sunday.
World no. 22 Srikanth won 21-11, 21-19 in a 37-minute clash against the Japanese qualifier in the $1,000,000 event.
This was the 24-year-old’s second Super Series Premier title. His last Super Series Premier triumph had come in the 2014 China Open. This was the fourth Super Series final for Srikanth, who had reached the summit clash in Singapore in April and had won the 2015 India Open.