Bangladesh beat Australia by 20 runs to take series lead
Dhaka: Bangladesh recorded a first test victory over Australia with a 20-run victory in the opening test on Wednesday, the hosts taking 1-0 lead in the two-match series at the Shere Bangla National Stadium.
Chasing 265 to win the spin-dominated contest, Australia were all out for 244 in the post-lunch session on the penultimate day.
David Warner (112) top-scored for Australia with his 19th test century, while Shakib Al Hasan was the pick of the Bangladesh bowlers with figures of 5-85.
Chittagong hosts the second and final test from Monday. Reuters
- Indian Railways reports four train accidents in less than 12 hours
- Emmerson Mnangagwa sworn in as Zimbabwe president
- S&P keeps India rating at lowest BBB-, maintains stable outlook
- Going forward, it is about inclusive growth and pulling up domestic demand
- Sensex, Nifty end higher for seventh day, consumer durables, IT stocks gain