Will seek CBI probe into Narsingh Yadav doping scandal: Akhilesh Yadav
Latest News »
- Aadhaar to be mandatory for open school examinations
- Narendra Modi meets CEOs, wants young entrepreneurs to go cashless by 2022
- NEET 2017: Supreme Court refuses exemption for Tamil Nadu
- Triple Talaq verdict: is this a case of judicial overreach?
- 4G smartphone demand in emerging markets spurred growth in April-June: Gartner
Lucknow: Uttar Pradesh chief minister Akhilesh Yadav on Tuesday assured wrestler Narsingh Yadav that his government will request the centre to order a probe into the doping scandal.
The grappler has been handed a four-year ban.
“We will request the central government to order a CBI (Central Bureau of Investigation) inquiry into all aspects related to (Narsingh Yadav) the case so that the guilty are brought to book. The CBI inquiry will ward off possibilities of similar incidents taking place with sportspersons in future,” Yadav said after meeting Narsingh at the former’s official residence in Lucknow.
Yadav also asked the wrestler, who failed to compete at the Rio Olympics after being handed a ban by the Court of Arbitration of Sports for testing positive for banned substance, to forget the episode and work hard for his future.