Will seek CBI probe into Narsingh Yadav doping scandal: Akhilesh Yadav
- Defection of MNS corporators to Shiv Sena shakes up Maharashtra’s politics
- SC cracker ban brought respite, but a lot needs to be done
- Can blockchain technology be an answer to India’s land governance woes?
- Can see bright Samvat 2074 ahead: Ramesh Damani
- Mutual funds trim metals, retail holdings, tank up on financial stocks in September
Lucknow: Uttar Pradesh chief minister Akhilesh Yadav on Tuesday assured wrestler Narsingh Yadav that his government will request the centre to order a probe into the doping scandal.
The grappler has been handed a four-year ban.
“We will request the central government to order a CBI (Central Bureau of Investigation) inquiry into all aspects related to (Narsingh Yadav) the case so that the guilty are brought to book. The CBI inquiry will ward off possibilities of similar incidents taking place with sportspersons in future,” Yadav said after meeting Narsingh at the former’s official residence in Lucknow.
Yadav also asked the wrestler, who failed to compete at the Rio Olympics after being handed a ban by the Court of Arbitration of Sports for testing positive for banned substance, to forget the episode and work hard for his future.