India to host Commonwealth Weightlifting Championships in 2019
New Delhi: India will host the 2019 edition of the Commonwealth (Youth, Junior and Senior) Weightlifting Championships.
The Executive Board of Commonwealth Weightlifting Federation met today at Gold Coast, Australia and decided to allot the 2019 edition of the competitions to India.
The current edition of the tournament is being held at the Gold Coast.
India’s Saikhom Mirabai Chanu and K Sanjita Chanu bagged a gold medal each at their respective weight categories on Tuesday to book berths at next year’s Commonwealth Games to be held at the same Australian city.
- Why Samir Singh could not stop running
- Embassy, Taurus Investment Holdings to invest $140 mn to develop Kerala SEZ
- RBI eases foreign investment regulations for corporate debt
- NCERT launches revised student-teacher ICT curricula
- HC asks Delhi, neighbouring states to implement ban on burning of crop residue