India to host Commonwealth Weightlifting Championships in 2019
New Delhi: India will host the 2019 edition of the Commonwealth (Youth, Junior and Senior) Weightlifting Championships.
The Executive Board of Commonwealth Weightlifting Federation met today at Gold Coast, Australia and decided to allot the 2019 edition of the competitions to India.
The current edition of the tournament is being held at the Gold Coast.
India’s Saikhom Mirabai Chanu and K Sanjita Chanu bagged a gold medal each at their respective weight categories on Tuesday to book berths at next year’s Commonwealth Games to be held at the same Australian city.
- Thousands stranded, scores injured in snowbound Tokyo
- Asia wakes to Donald Trump’s big trade move with tariffs aimed at them
- Market Live: Nifty hits 11,000, Sensex crosses 36,000, RIL, Axis Bank shares rise
- Tata Group sees big opportunity to grow in financial services
- Rupee opens marginally higher against US dollar