Indian Super League to be held from 1 October to 18 December
- Opening bell: Asian markets open higher; PSU banks, Future Group in news
- Temporary staffing firms seek rapid growth through a spree of acquisitions
- Jet Airways: cost reduction isn’t good enough?
- Edible oil duty hike doesn’t spoil investor appetite for packaged food stocks
- Company earnings estimates continue to be cut after September quarter results
Mumbai: Season-3 of the Indian Super League (ISL) would be held from 1 October to 18 December, with the opening game scheduled in Guwahati and the venues of the two-legged semi finals to be decided later.
League’s promoters, Football Sports Development Ltd, on Friday announced the ISL fixtures featuring 61 games spread across 79 days played in a home-away league format, to be followed by the semi-finals and the final.
All the matches will kick off at 7 pm. For the third year running John Abraham-owned club North East United FC would take on Sachin Tendulkar owned Kerala Blasters FC in the season opener, to be held at the Indira Gandhi Athletic Stadium in Guwahati.
The first leg of the semi finals are scheduled on 10 and 11 December followed by the second leg on 13 and 14 December leading up to the final on 18 December.