3 injured after fire breaks out at Google conference
- Govt awaits Idea-Vodafone tower sale closure for green signal to mega merger
- Essar Shipping plans to double cargo tonnage by 2020
- ICC presents Virat Kohli with ICC Test Championship mace
- Loss and expectations: Spotlight on daughter Jhanvi after Sridevi’s demise?
- Bhushan Power bid: Liberty House plans to move NCLT this week
Mountain View (California): Authorities say three people were injured after a kitchen fire broke out during Google’s I/O developer conference at a California venue that normally hosts concerts.
It happened on Thursday at the Shoreline Amphitheatre in Mountain View.
Mountain View fire department spokesman Lynn Brown says three people were taken to a hospital and one had life-threatening injuries.
Google said in a statement that the small fire broke out in a kitchen at the venue and no conference attendees were hurt.
The company says the three people who were injured were event staff members and are receiving treatment.
Brown says a flash fire broke out when workers were trying to light a deep-fat fryer. The kitchen’s sprinklers put out the blaze.