MyJio app achieves 100 million downloads on Google Play Store: report
New Delhi: Reliance’s MyJio app has crossed the 100 million mark on Google Play Store and is among the top 10 trending apps on Play Store, said a report in Financial Express. This has placed MyJio app in the category of popular apps such as Hotstar and Netflix, which also have 100 million downloads each, added the report.
While the apps of the top three telecom operators—Bharti Airtel, Vodafone India and Idea Cellular—are meant to manage subscribers’ accounts by providing services such as recharges, MyJio app offers access to a host of Jio apps like music, chat, cinema and more, the report added.
Individual apps by Jio are equally famous on Google Play Store, while Jio TV app has 50 million downloads, which brings it at par with apps by e-commerce majors such as Amazon and Flipkart.
As per FE report, Jio Cinema and Jio Music have 10 million downloads, while Bharti’s Airtel TV and Wynk music apps have 5 million and 10 million downloads, respectively.
The app has become the second most downloaded Indian application on the Android platform by registering over 100 million downloads, a company official confirmed to PTI.
- PNB fraud: ICAI obtains statement from senior bank official
- Andhra Pradesh govt signs 77 MoUs worth Rs31,546 crore at Partnership Summit
- Kia Motors to roll out first car from Anantapur plant by 2019
- Govt revokes passports of Nirav Modi and Mehul Choksi
- Warren Buffett warns investors that safe-looking bonds can be risky