MyJio app achieves 100 million downloads on Google Play Store: report
New Delhi: Reliance’s MyJio app has crossed the 100 million mark on Google Play Store and is among the top 10 trending apps on Play Store, said a report in Financial Express. This has placed MyJio app in the category of popular apps such as Hotstar and Netflix, which also have 100 million downloads each, added the report.
While the apps of the top three telecom operators—Bharti Airtel, Vodafone India and Idea Cellular—are meant to manage subscribers’ accounts by providing services such as recharges, MyJio app offers access to a host of Jio apps like music, chat, cinema and more, the report added.
Individual apps by Jio are equally famous on Google Play Store, while Jio TV app has 50 million downloads, which brings it at par with apps by e-commerce majors such as Amazon and Flipkart.
As per FE report, Jio Cinema and Jio Music have 10 million downloads, while Bharti’s Airtel TV and Wynk music apps have 5 million and 10 million downloads, respectively.
The app has become the second most downloaded Indian application on the Android platform by registering over 100 million downloads, a company official confirmed to PTI.
- Opening bell: Asian markets rise; TeamLease, Jaiprakash Power, Mahindra Finance in news
- Kansai Nerolac: overhang of higher input costs remains in Q2
- How India stacks up against peers on fiscal parameters
- Bajaj Finance: milking the consumption story yet again
- Colgate-Palmolive: weaker-than-expected recovery in wholesale trade