MG Motor India to launch SUV Hector by middle of this year
The MG Hector will go in to production in the second quarter of 2019 at the company’s manufacturing facility at Halol, Gujarat, MG Motor India said in a statement
New Delhi: MG Motor India, a wholly-owned arm of China’s SAIC Motor Corp Wednesday said it will launch a sports utility vehicle, Hector in the middle of this year to kick off its journey in the country.
The MG Hector will go in to production in the second quarter of 2019 at the company’s manufacturing facility at Halol, Gujarat, MG Motor India said in a statement.
“With over 75 per cent localisation levels to begin with, the company aims to enter the growing premium sports utility vehicle (SUV) segment with a best-in-class offering that sets a new benchmark in its segment,” it added.
Commenting on the upcoming product, MG Motor India President & Managing Director Rajeev Chaba said, “based on the company’s global platform, the Hector has been heavily re-engineered to enrich product attributes and suit the evolving preferences of the customers and Indian road conditions.” With 100 sales and service touch points in place by May 2019, he said, “we are confident that we will be able to exceed the market expectations with Hector.” Last year MG Motor India had stated that it would increase investment to over Rs 5,000 core in the next five to six years as it gears up to launch one new product each year in India from 2019.
The company had already started investing Rs 2,000 crore on upgrading the Halol plant in Gujarat which it had acquired from General Motors in 2017.
This story has been published from a wire agency feed without modifications to the text. Only the headline has been changed.
- Honda to hike vehicle prices by up to Rs10,000 from next month
- Car market in India continues to move in the slow lane: Report
- Audi plans to introduce compact electric crossover to broaden Tesla assault
- NGT asks Volkswagen to pay penalty of Rs 100 crore in 24 hours
- Skoda launches Superb Corporate Edition at Rs 23.99 lakh
Editor's Picks »
- DGCA imposes restrictions on IndiGo, GoAir in operating P&W engines-powered A320 neo planes
- A glimpse into history of Indian cinema through national museum
- Opinion | The 10% solution will not solve the job crisis in the country
- BJP reaches out to allies in North-East to allay their fears on citizenship bill
- Opinion | Calls for a second Brexit vote deserve consideration
- DCB Bank Q3 results: Small loans give big pain as farm, mortgages lift delinquencies
- 1 step forward, 2 steps back. Is GST going the VAT way?
- Mindtree delivers stable Q3 results after a shock Q2
- RIL Q3 results today: Will Reliance Jio, Reliance Retail make up for lost energy?
- Why Tata Motors’ Project Charge at JLR is failing to recharge its shares