Mahindra says Fiat Chrysler files patent complaint in US
As per the complaint, certain design features of Mahindra ROXOR infringed intellectual property rights of Fiat’s Jeep design
Bengaluru: Mahindra and Mahindra Ltd said in a regulatory filing today that Fiat Chrysler Automobiles US LLC has filed a patent violation complaint with the US International Trade Commission against the company. As per the complaint, certain design features of Mahindra’s off-road utility vehicle ROXOR infringed intellectual property rights of Fiat’s Jeep design, Mahindra said in a statement.
Mahindra said the complaint was “without merit.”
The company and its unit Mahindra Automotive North America have filed a public interest statement with the trade commission and have begun proceedings in a Michigan court to enforce a design agreement that it had executed with Fiat in 2009.
Mahindra is also seeking an injunction against Fiat from proceeding with the complaint, it added.
Fiat had not made a monetary claim in the complaint but has sought a permanent restrain over Mahindra Automotive from importing any parts or components into the US that infringe upon its intellectual property rights, the statement from Mahindra said.
- Auto dealers feel the squeeze as vehicle registrations fall
- Honda to hike vehicle prices by up to Rs10,000 from next month
- Car market in India continues to move in the slow lane: Report
- Audi plans to introduce compact electric crossover to broaden Tesla assault
- NGT asks Volkswagen to pay penalty of Rs 100 crore in 24 hours
Editor's Picks »
- Govt sanctions new squadrons of Dornier aircraft to boost coastal surveillance
- DP, Maersk units ordered to withdraw notices to clients at Mumbai port by CCI
- Tesla to cut workforce by 7%, sees smaller profit in Q4
- China finance ministry announces more tax cuts for small companies
- OnePlus 6T: Republic Day offers
- What to expect from Q3 results of IndiGo, SpiceJet, Jet Airways
- Forget privatisation, govt has hugged its banks tighter
- Flat profit, rising debt are growing worries for Reliance
- Q3 results: HUL growth off a high base shows it’s on a roll
- DCB Bank Q3 results: Small loans give big pain as farm, mortgages lift delinquencies