Eveready Industries Q1 profit rises 35% to Rs18.35 crore
The company reported a revenue of Rs383.34 crore in the quarter till June compared with Rs338.78 crore in the same period a year ago
Kolkata: Battery maker Eveready Industries India Ltd on Thursday said its June quarter net profit rose 35% to Rs18.35 crore from Rs13.56 crore a year ago, as sales grew 13% and operating profit margin expanded from 8.7% to 10.1%.
Adjusted for excise duty, the company reported a revenue of Rs383.34 crore in the quarter till June compared with Rs338.78 crore in the same period a year ago.
“The growth (in revenue) has to be seen in the context of lower base last year” when sales were disrupted due to the change in the indirect tax regime, the company said in a statement.
Eveready said it had overcome the disruption due to the implementation of the Goods and Services Tax, and that sales had stabilised to generate “near normal” volume growth.
- Wipro announces 1:3 bonus; Q3 net profit rises 30%
- RIL to invest Rs 3 lakh crore in Gujarat in next 10 years : Mukesh Ambani
- Carlos Ghosn received $9 million improperly from Nissan-Mitsubishi JV
- RIL gains 3.5% on continued strong petchem, retial and telecom operations
- Reliance Retail, Jio to launch new e-commerce platform
Editor's Picks »
- What to expect from Q3 results of IndiGo, SpiceJet, Jet Airways
- Forget privatisation, govt has hugged its banks tighter
- Flat profit, rising debt are growing worries for Reliance
- Q3 results: HUL growth off a high base shows it’s on a roll
- DCB Bank Q3 results: Small loans give big pain as farm, mortgages lift delinquencies