JK Paper announces lockout at Odisha unit
Contract workers at unit JKPM at district Rayagada, Odisha stop work
New Delhi: JK Paper today announced a lockout at its manufacturing unit in Odisha from today after its workers stopped work earlier this week.
“Some of the contract workers at unit JKPM at district Rayagada, Odisha, had resorted to illegal and unlawful stoppage of work, which has resulted in disruption of production,” JK Paper said in a BSE filing.
It further said, “The company, due to their continued illegal and unlawful activities of stoppage of work, has declared a lockout with effect from today August 31, 2018, at the said unit and it shall continue till further notice in this regard”.
Shares of JK Paper settled 3.82% lower at Rs 155.90 on the BSE.
- Alyque Padamsee, advertising veteran, dead at 87
- Elon Musk’s SpaceX to put 12,000 satellites in orbit
- Petrol, diesel prices continue declining trend. 5 things to know
- Facebook woes sap $17.4 billion of Mark Zuckerberg’s wealth this year
- 3-year bank FDs: SBI, ICICI Bank, HDFC Bank interest rates compared
Editor's Picks »
- Future Retail’s Q2 result shows improvement in same-store sales
- Private insurance firms grow at the expense of LIC stuck with a sick bank
- Page Industries’s lofty valuations get a reality check in Q2
- Q2 results: Grasim’s Vodafone Idea stake is proving costly
- How Vodafone Idea’s $3.5 bn fundraising will impact telecom in India