McDonald’s to open 2,000 more China stores by end-2022
McDonald’s will increase its number of stores in mainland China to 4,500 by the end of 2022, up from 2,500 currently
Shanghai: McDonald’s Corp. will increase its number of stores in mainland China to 4,500 by the end of 2022, up from 2,500 currently, as part of a strategic partnership with Citic Ltd and the Carlyle Group , it said on Tuesday.
The global fast-food chain said it aimed to achieve double-digit sales growth in mainland China every year for the next five years.
McDonald’s completed a deal at the end of July giving Citic a controlling interest in its mainland China and Hong Kong businesses. Reuters
Editor's Picks »
- CAG puts spanner on GE’s diesel loco manufacturing unit in Bihar
- Modi slams opposition, refers to Rahul’s ‘unwanted hug’ at Shahjahanpur rally
- Gold price maintains uptrend on global cues, jewellers’ buying
- Sky is Comcast’s final prize as Disney battle approaches endgame
- Donald Trump and the US dollar: Actions speak louder than words
- What ABB India’s performance in June quarter says about capex growth
- Bajaj Finance does well in Q1 even as competition hots up
- Kotak Mahindra Bank: The perils of being priced to perfection
- Higher cane price crushes hopes of sugar mills
- Market optimism before 2019 general election: History may not repeat itself