Nestle India shares vault nearly 6% as Q1 profit jumps
Nestle India shares vaulted 6.93% to Rs9,609.55 during intra-day trade, and finally settling 5.70% up at Rs9,498.90 on the BSE
New Delhi: Nestle India shares on Friday jumped nearly 6% after the FMCG major reported 35.98% rise in profit for the first quarter of 2018.
The stock moved up 5.70% to end at Rs9,498.90 on BSE. Intra-day, it jumped 6.93% to Rs9,609.55—its 52-week high.
On NSE, it climbed 5.57% to close at Rs9,482.05. The company’s market valuation rose by Rs4,941.32 crore to Rs91,584.32 crore.
Nestle India on Thursday reported 35.98% jump in profit at Rs424.03 crore for the first quarter ended 31 March, 2018.
The company, which follows January-December as it financial year, had posted a profit of Rs311.83 crore in the same period a year ago.
Revenue from operations was at Rs2,757.24 crore during the quarter under review. It stood at Rs2,601.46 crore in the corresponding period last year, it added.
- Q2 results: HDFC Bank net profit rises 20.6% to Rs 5006 crore
- Govt, board eye asset sales to turn IL&FS around in six months
- Jet Airways sets jet sale, leaseback plan in motion to raise $800 mn
- Lenders accept ArcelorMittal resolution plan for Essar Steel
- #MeToo: Publicis India sacks executive creative director Ishrath Nawaz
Editor's Picks »
- India to put former top climate change official Rajendra Pachauri on trial for sexual harassment
- Rahul Gandhi hits out at KCR, claims Telangana reeling under debt
- Deve Gowda-Siddaramaiah display rare bonhomie ahead of Karnataka by-polls
- Govt allocates Rs 144 crore to AYUSH ministry for alternative medicines
- Esperanto, A language whose time never came
- Policy rethink and higher volumes to aid container shippers
- DCB Bank delivers a strong Q2 but pressure on margins foreseen
- Havells India: Rising costs give a jolt to profitability in September quarter
- All’s well at Mindtree, except for high client concentration risk
- India’s rising steel demand is making companies starry-eyed