Ratan Tata invests in Urban Ladder
The company did not disclose the amount Tata had invested
The company did not disclose the amount Tata had invested.
The investment comes four months after the online furniture retailer raised close to Rs.120 crore in its second round of funding from Steadview Capital and existing investors SAIF Partners and Kalaari Capital.
Urban Ladder had earlier raised $5 million in a round of funding led by SAIF Partners in November 2013 and $1 million from Kalaari Capital in August 2012.
“Mr. Tata understands the furniture space very well, specially our focus on product design since he has a lot of knowledge of the subject. His inputs and guidance will be very valuable for us,” said Ashish Goel, chief executive and co-founder, Urban Ladder.
Urban Ladder was launched in July 2012 by Goel and Rajiv Srivatsa. It currently offers over 1,000 products across 25 categories in furniture such as wardrobes, beds, sofas, dining tables and coffee tables.
Editor's Picks »
- Markets yet to warm up to KEC International’s record order book
- Indraprastha Gas and Mahanagar Gas shares are low on fuel
- Overhang of capacity constraints lifts for ACC, Ambuja Cements
- Stock market traders fall for the ‘buy rural’ narrative, once again
- Continuing volume momentum puts Indian ports in a good position