OPEN APP
Home >Companies >News >Hotel Leela gets new logo in rebranding exercise

Mumbai: Hotel Leela Venture Ltd, which runs eight hotels across the country under the Leela brand, has got a new logo as part of a rebranding exercise aimed at catering to travellers from overseas, the first time it has done so since its inception in 1987.

“As a group, approximately 70% of our guests come from abroad while the other 30% come from India," Vivek Nair, chairman and managing director at Hotel Leelaventure told Mint on Tuesday.

The rebranding comes at a time as the group faces increased competition from international hotel chains such as Marriott International Inc., Hilton Worldwide Inc., Starwood Hotels and Resorts Worldwide Inc., Hyatt Hotels Corp., Shangri-La Group and Carlson Rezidor Hotel Group. Also, Hotel Leela Venture is in the process of restructuring its 4,750 crore debt in association with 18 banks.

“The entry of hotels like Four Seasons, Shangri La, Ritz Carlton and the like, in the last few years is increasing pressure on most Indian hotel brands. Slower demand over all has affected the industry and Leela Hotel’s challenging financial situation doesn’t make the situation any better," said Deepak Goel, founder and chief executive officer at communications and branding company Drizzlin Media India Pvt. Ltd, explaining the reason for the rebranding.

Subscribe to Mint Newsletters
* Enter a valid email
* Thank you for subscribing to our newsletter.

Never miss a story! Stay connected and informed with Mint. Download our App Now!!

Close
×
Edit Profile
My ReadsRedeem a Gift CardLogout