Lupin launches generic drug in US
Lupin’s product is the generic equivalent of Novartis Pharmaceuticals Corp.’s Methergine which is indicated for prevention and control of postpartum hemorrhage
New Delhi:Drug maker Lupin on Monday launched Methylergonovine Maleate tablets, used for prevention and control of postpartum hemorrhage, in the American market.
The company has launched the product in the US after having received approval from the US Food and Drug Administration (USFDA) earlier, Lupin said in a statement.
Lupin’s product is the generic equivalent of Novartis Pharmaceuticals Corp’s Methergine which is indicated for prevention and control of postpartum hemorrhage.
As per the latest industry estimates, Methylergonovine Maleate tablets had annual sales of around $71.5 million in the US. Lupin shares were trading 1.18% up at Rs772.10 on BSE.
- LinkedIn will allow economics researchers to mine its data
- Nirav Modi’s ‘illegal’ bungalow in Alibaug to be razed: Govt
- Mongolia meat exporters turn to Iran’s halal markets
- As Tesla’s go-private move gathers steam, bankers walk the tightrope
- Elon Musk’s Spanish getaway shows Tesla board could let him recharge
- India’s wealth creators amidst a dull equity market
- As India embraces e-commerce, it’s advantage surface express transporters
- Sadbhav Engineering: Investors want more than a strong order book
- Why Trump need not worry about quarterly reporting of earnings
- MakeMyTrip’s attempts to juggle between growth and profitability