VCCircle to offer Wall Street Journal digital content in India
Indian subscribers of VCCircle.com will now also have access to global WSJ.com content in a bundled deal
- Netflix briefly tops Disney market value in fresh challenge
- TCS market cap surges past Rs7 trillion mark
- Toyota to give Suzuki tech to make a new compact, highly efficient car engine for India
- Airlines may bundle WiFi with flight ticket costs
- Ola, Oyo Rooms, Lenskart draw up plans for overseas expansion
New Delhi: Nasdaq-listed News Corp. on Thursday announced it will offer annual subscriptions to the Wall Street Journal’s premium digital content with subscriptions to VCCircle.com, the Indian online platform that provides information, data and analysis on the Indian investment ecosystem.
VCCircle.com, which tracks M&A, venture capital, private equity, investment banking, and emerging companies and sectors, operates under the aegis of VCCircle Network that was acquired by News Corp. earlier this year.
With this development, Indian subscribers of VCCircle.com will now also have access to global WSJ.com content in a bundled deal.
“It is VCCircle’s 10th anniversary year starting this month and we wanted to celebrate it by offering VCCircle.com subscribers the opportunity to access the best of global business news coverage, leading opinion and insightful analysis from the Wall Street Journal, along with the pioneering and premier source of deals and investment news and insights in Indian business from VCCircle.com at an attractive combo price” Raju Narisetti, senior vice-president, strategy, News Corp., said in a statement.
News Corp, the media and publishing firm owned by Rupert Murdoch, expanded its digital footprint in the Indian market when it acquired VCCircle along with Techcircle.in, VCCEdge and VCCircle Training and a premium content-driven conference business for an undisclosed sum in March.
In November 2014, New Corp. paid $30 million for a 25% stake in PropTiger.com, a residential real estate web site. In December, it acquired BigDecisions.com, a financial advisory, for an undisclosed amount.
The VCCircle Network, owned by Mosaic Media Ventures Pvt Ltd, is now a part of News Corp., which has a presence in India through Dow Jones, Wall Street Journal and HarperCollins Publishers. News Corp is a global, diversified media and information services company. WSJ.com reaches a global audience of 20 million digital readers per month.
Editor's Picks »
- Motherson Sumi continues to face margin pressure in foreign markets
- What the Warren Buffett indicator tells us about market valuations today
- Jet Airways lands with a thud in Q4 as fuel costs increase
- IBC amendments: Some dilutions, and a lot more speed
- Patanjali’s gambit is paying off in toothpaste wars