Torrent Pharmaceuticals Q4 profit rises 11% to Rs228 crore
Torrent Pharmaceuticals registers 20% jump in revenue at Rs1,722 crore for the March quarter of FY18 as against Rs1,434 crore in the same period last year
Ahmedabad: Ahmedabad-based Torrent Pharmaceuticals Limited on Wednesday said its net profit for the quarter ended 31 March rose 11% to Rs228 crore compared to Rs206 crore in the corresponding period a year ago.
The company registered a 20% jump in its revenue at Rs1,722 crore for the fourth quarter as against Rs1,434 crore in the same period last year.
The strong growth in revenue, it said, was backed by its domestic business that posted Rs693 crore in sales for Q4 FY 2017-18 as compared to Rs467 crores for the same period last year, registering a 48% growth.
For its overseas business, in Brazil the company recorded revenue of Rs215 crore for the fourth quarter as compared to Rs216 crore for the same period last year.
In the US, Torrent Pharma recorded a revenue of Rs307 crore for Q4 FY18 as compared to Rs280 crore for the same period last year, registering a 9% growth. Its revenue in Germany grew by 6% as it recorded revenue to the tune of Rs248 crore in the fourth quarter as compared to Rs.235 crore last year.
Torrent Pharmaceuticals shares on Wednesday closed at Rs1,333.95 each on BSE, down 1.05%.
- Vibrant Gujarat meet: Ambani, Adani, Birla, others line up big investments
- Wipro announces 1:3 bonus; Q3 net profit rises 30%
- RIL to invest Rs 3 lakh crore in Gujarat in next 10 years : Mukesh Ambani
- Carlos Ghosn received $9 million improperly from Nissan-Mitsubishi JV
- RIL gains 3.5% on continued strong petchem, retial and telecom operations
Editor's Picks »
- What to expect from Q3 results of IndiGo, SpiceJet, Jet Airways
- Forget privatisation, govt has hugged its banks tighter
- Flat profit, rising debt are growing worries for Reliance
- Q3 results: HUL growth off a high base shows it’s on a roll
- DCB Bank Q3 results: Small loans give big pain as farm, mortgages lift delinquencies