Xiaomi to focus on offline sales to boost India business
Xiaomi will ramp up the number of exclusive stores and other retail sale centres in different cities in the coming days, says Xiaomi India head (online sales) Raghu Reddy
Indore: Chinese smartphone maker Xiaomi Corp. is drawing plans to boost its offline sales in India, a key market for the company, said a top executive in Indore on Wednesday. Currently, online sales account for 80% of the company’s mobile phone business.
“At present, about 80% of our business is from online sales of mobile phones, but now we want to increase penetration in the offline market to increase our business,” Xiaomi India head (online sales) Raghu Reddy said, adding that Xiaomi will ramp up the number of exclusive stores and other retail sale centres in different cities in the coming days.
Earlier, Reddy launched a new smartphone of the company, “Redmi 5A”, priced at Rs 4,999.
- Dear Indian startups, it’s time to exit the bubble and grow up
- Failed Air India sale to swing focus to its asset disposals, cost cuts
- HUL data theft case: Hindustan Unilever, former staff agree on out-of-court settlement
- Varroc Engineering IPO to launch on 26 June
- IndiGo remains top airline in India with 41% market share in May