Shoppers Stop appoints Rajiv Suri as CEO; CFO Sanjay Chakravarti resigns
The board of directors of Shoppers Stop has approved the appointment of Rajiv Suri as CEO of the company with effect from 9 January 2018
New Delhi: Retail major Shoppers Stop on Tuesday said it has appointed Rajiv Suri as the chief executive officer (CEO) of the company with effect from 9 January 2018.
The company also announced the resignation of its chief financial officer (CFO) Sanjay Chakravarti with effect from the close of business hours on 22 December. “The board of directors ...has approved the appointment of Rajiv Suri as CEO of the company with effect from January 9, 2018,” Shoppers Stop said in a regulatory filing.
The board also approved resignation of Sanjay Chakravarti as CFO. Prior to his new role, Suri was the CEO of Majid Al Futtaim (MAF) fashion business, which is prominent in middle east spread across 140 stores. Shoppers Stop stock closed 5.92% up at Rs571.25 on BSE.
- Fortis says SC order does not impact 31.1% stake sale to IHH
- NGT clears way for reopening Sterlite copper smelter; Tamil Nadu govt to move SC
- Petrol prices hiked, diesel prices slashed. Check today’s rates
- Apple to roll out new Snoopy, Peanuts cartoon series
- Pokémon Go maker is seeking a $3.9 billion valuation
Editor's Picks »
- Markets yet to warm up to KEC International’s record order book
- Indraprastha Gas and Mahanagar Gas shares are low on fuel
- Overhang of capacity constraints lifts for ACC, Ambuja Cements
- Stock market traders fall for the ‘buy rural’ narrative, once again
- Continuing volume momentum puts Indian ports in a good position