Shoppers Stop appoints Rajiv Suri as CEO; CFO Sanjay Chakravarti resigns
The board of directors of Shoppers Stop has approved the appointment of Rajiv Suri as CEO of the company with effect from 9 January 2018
New Delhi: Retail major Shoppers Stop on Tuesday said it has appointed Rajiv Suri as the chief executive officer (CEO) of the company with effect from 9 January 2018.
The company also announced the resignation of its chief financial officer (CFO) Sanjay Chakravarti with effect from the close of business hours on 22 December. “The board of directors ...has approved the appointment of Rajiv Suri as CEO of the company with effect from January 9, 2018,” Shoppers Stop said in a regulatory filing.
The board also approved resignation of Sanjay Chakravarti as CFO. Prior to his new role, Suri was the CEO of Majid Al Futtaim (MAF) fashion business, which is prominent in middle east spread across 140 stores. Shoppers Stop stock closed 5.92% up at Rs571.25 on BSE.
- Leena AI secures $2 million seed funding from Snapdeal co-founders, Elad Gil
- Oyo plans to hire 2,020 technology experts in next two years
- Metro Cash and Carry to digitize 5 lakh kirana stores
- Reliance Jio, Star India in five-year deal for cricket telecast on JioTV
- HomeLane pilots new experience centre model to expand footprint faster
Editor's Picks »
- India’s renewable energy sector hits a milestone but loses speed
- All eyes now on share swap ratio in this mega bank merger
- Jet Privilege can actually get higher valuation than Jet Airways
- Profitability of cement firms to take a hit due to weak prices, high costs
- Pidilite’s shares hold their ground despite weak rupee and rising crude