Ogilvy India elevates Prem Narayan as chief strategy officer
Prem Narayan will lead the planning team to drive the national agenda and will report directly to Ogilvy India’s chief executive Kunal Jeswani
New Delhi: Ogilvy India on Friday announced that it has elevated Prem Narayan as the chief strategy officer, effective immediately. He was heading the planning function in Mumbai which will now be handled by Balagopalan Ganapathy, who has been associated with the agency’s planning team for over a decade.
In the new role, Narayan will lead the planning team to drive the national agenda and will report directly to Ogilvy India’s chief executive Kunal Jeswani. He will also continue to partner chief creative officers and business heads to deliver creative solutions to clients nationally.
“Ogilvy is, and has always been, a place full of opportunity and growth for talent that shines. Prem and Guns (Ganapathy) represent the best of Ogilvy, not just as planners but as Ogilvy ambassadors. I am excited to see them lead change in our industry and our company, driving integrated strategy and planning across our brands and disciplines,” said Kunal Jeswani in a statement.
Narayan has been associated with Ogilvy since 2004. He has worked with a wide variety of clients across brand categories, including Asian Paints, air conditioner brand Blue Star, lubricant maker Castrol India Ltd, ICICI Bank, MP Birla Group, Tata Motors, fast moving consumer goods firm Hindustan Unilever and Emami Group’s pharmaceutical brand Zandu. He has won many Effies on his brands, including last year’s Agency of Year award at international advertising award AME. The agency also won the first effectiveness award last year for Beauty Tips By Reshma campaign made for NGO Make Love Not Scars at Cannes Lions International Festival.
“Prem and Ganapathy are two accomplished planners of Ogilvy who have contributed to function in the last decade. They are the ideal next generation planners to take Ogilvy Planning in India to the next level,” said Madhukar Sabnavis, vice-chairman and client relations director, Ogilvy India.
Part of the WPP family, Ogilvy offers advertising and marketing services across media, including mainline (television and print), outdoor and digital. The agency handles blue-chip clients in the country, including diversified group ITC Ltd, search engine Google, Pidilite Industries Ltd and Tata Sky.
- Homebuyer moves NCLT against SPV owned by 3C directors
- CPPIB may acquire $277 million debt Mytrah raised from Piramal Group
- Elon Musk’s oil conspiracy against Tesla ends with Saudi Arabia’s billions
- Fortis shareholders approve stake sale to Malaysia’s IHH
- Kotak Mahindra Bank’s plan to cut promoter stake doesn’t meet norms: RBI
Editor's Picks »
- BofA-ML survey: Short EM equity second most crowded trade
- GST-led shift from informal to formal sector happening, but at a snail’s pace
- Uncertain earnings for agricultural input firms despite bountiful rains
- PVR pays a premium for south
- Tata Steel’s Q1 supports India push but investors enquire at what cost