Yuvraj Singh backed YouWeCan Ventures invests in JetSetGo
JetSetGo, which was founded in 2014 by Kanika Tekriwal and Sudheer Perla, is the fifth company in which YouWeCan has invested
- Wipro announces 1:3 bonus; Q3 net profit rises 30%
- RIL to invest Rs 3 lakh crore in Gujarat in next 10 years : Mukesh Ambani
- Carlos Ghosn received $9 million improperly from Nissan-Mitsubishi JV
- RIL gains 3.5% on continued strong petchem, retial and telecom operations
- Reliance Retail, Jio to launch new e-commerce platform
Mumbai: JetSetGo Aviation Pvt. Ltd, a Bengaluru-based marketplace for private jets and helicopters, has raised an undisclosed amount in funding from YouWeCan Ventures, backed by cricketer Yuvraj Singh, the company said on Thursday.
JetSetGo, which was founded in 2014 by Kanika Tekriwal and Sudheer Perla, is the fifth company in which YouWeCan has invested. Its previous investments include Vyomo (beauty services), Moovo (cargo logistics), Edukart (online education) and healthians (online healthcare).
“In the increasingly crowded start-up funding space we constantly look for innovative investment opportunities that most others don’t see at the outset and for young businesses that will disrupt market spaces they operate in. Addressing real stakeholder problems with superior service offerings for private aviation customers we see JetSetGo evolving to be the new travel platform for a rapidly growing high end luxury experiences market,” said Nishant Singhal, chief investment officer of YouWeCan Ventures.
Private aviation in India accrues to only less than 15% of air traffic in Indian skies, according to company estimates. In a country with over 200 functional airstrips and less than 40% of this connected by commercial airlines, the scope for growth in private aviation to connect tier II and III cities is tremendous.
“We are here to not just do what is currently being done better but to expand market size, bring new users and customers into the mix and more importantly deliver a superior experience through the process. The private aviation industry in India has historically been operating behind closed doors with alarmingly low levels of market awareness and product information,” said Perla.
JetSetGo provides charter customers the option to book a private jet online. Extending the experience from the ease of the online booking process, JetSetGo is also working on systematically improving customer service and operational efficiency.
The company’s clientele not only comprises corporate houses, sports personalities, celebrities or high networth individuals but also those who see value in quick and easy connectivity to locations still not served by commercial airlines.
Editor's Picks »
- What to expect from Q3 results of IndiGo, SpiceJet, Jet Airways
- Forget privatisation, govt has hugged its banks tighter
- Flat profit, rising debt are growing worries for Reliance
- Q3 results: HUL growth off a high base shows it’s on a roll
- DCB Bank Q3 results: Small loans give big pain as farm, mortgages lift delinquencies