Twitter India unveils ‘Gandhi Emoji’
Prime Minister Narendra Modi officially launched the emoji of Mahatma Gandhi on Twitter, Twitter India said in a statement
New Delhi: Twitter has unveiled a ‘Gandhi Emoji’ which users around the world can use in their tweets to celebrate Mahatma Gandhi’s 150th birthday.
Prime Minister Narendra Modi officially launched the emoji of Mahatma Gandhi on Twitter, Twitter India said in a statement.
The emoji will be available till 8 October 2018, it added.
Twitter said the new emoji—featuring a caricature of Mahatma Gandhi—can be used with hashtags like #GandhiJayanti, #MKGandhi, #BapuAt150, #MahatmaGandhi, #MyGandhigiri, #MahatmaAt150 and #NexusOfGood, among others.
“Twitter continues to celebrate all cultures with customised initiatives for key milestones and events across the world. These initiatives are conceptualised keeping in mind the sentiment and are a delightful way to reinforce a sense of unity and harmony among people in India and Indians around the world,” it added.
The new emoji is available on Twitter and Twitter Lite.
This story has been published from a wire agency feed without modifications to the text.
- Prime Venture leads ₹65 crore funding round in myGate
- Private equity funds raised $121 billion globally in Q3 2018
- Motilal Oswal PE to invest ₹200 crore in Happy Forgings
- Patients of J&J faulty hip implants question credibility of govt panel
- Porsche IPO could value carmaker as high as $81 billion, CFO says
- Banks turned wary of NBFCs months before IL&FS defaults
- HUL Q2: Rising input costs face off against healthy demand growth
- Q2 results: DMart finally set to face a reality check
- Temporary staffing: Decent employee additions, margin pressures may sustain
- Gujarat relief for Tata Power, Adani Power underlines sector’s harsh reality