Auto Expo 2018: Hero MotoCorp unveils 200cc premium bike, 125cc scooters
Hero MotoCorp showcased its Duet and Maestro Edge scooters with 125cc engine capacity, a segment that has grown rapidly in India in the past few quarters
New Delhi: The country’s largest two-wheeler maker Hero MotoCorp Ltd showcased its Duet and Maestro Edge scooters with 125cc engine capacity, a segment that has grown rapidly in India in the past few quarters on the back of rising incomes and higher purchases by women.
Hero is aggressively foraying into new segments to reshape the brand as more premium, sporty and powerful from its present commuter bike focus, a company spokesperson said.
A part of this expansion is in the premium motorcycle segment, wherein the maker of the Splendor bikes showcased the Xtreme 200R and XPulse 200 motorcycles. Both models will be launched within fiscal 2019.
The adventure concept XPulse was revealed at the EICMA show at Milan in November and received a positive response, the spokesperson said.
Editor's Picks »
- Same-store sales growth trips at Future Retail
- Cipla Q4 FY18 results no reason to reverse stock underperformance
- Dr Reddy’s Q4: It’s a wait and watch, share price spike notwithstanding
- What SBI Q4 results say about the Indian economy and the bank
- Patanjali’s slowing growth does not mean that Colgate’s is accelerating