Sail swings to profit in December quarter
Sail’s net profit was Rs43.16 crore in the third quarter compared with a loss of Rs795 crores in the year-ago period
Bengaluru: Steel Authority of India Ltd (Sail) posted a profit for the three months ended December on Thursday, snapping ten straight quarters of losses.
Net profit was Rs43.16 crores ($6.72 million), compared with a loss of Rs795 crores in the year-ago period, the company said in a statement.
Quarterly revenue from operations rose 21.4%to Rs15,324 crore.
On Thursday, Sail shares closed 3.99% up at Rs86.10 apiece on the BSE. Reuters.
Editor's Picks »
- The one-child policy had limited impact on growth
- RBSE 12 result 2018: Science, Commerce results declared at rajresults.nic.in, rajeduboard.rajasthan.gov.in
- You are not imagining it. Your job is absolutely BS
- Demand for space-saving furniture seen picking up
- Maharashtra MLA resigns from NCP, to join BJP
- Same-store sales growth trips at Future Retail
- Cipla Q4 FY18 results no reason to reverse stock underperformance
- Dr Reddy’s Q4: It’s a wait and watch, share price spike notwithstanding
- What SBI Q4 results say about the Indian economy and the bank
- Patanjali’s slowing growth does not mean that Colgate’s is accelerating