Nestle India Q4 net profit down 8.6% to Rs 167.31 crore
Nestle India’s net sales during the fourth quarter were up 16.17% to Rs2,261.28 crore as against Rs 1,946.44 crore in the corresponding quarter of the last fiscal
New Delhi: FMCG major Nestle India on Wednesday reported a decline of 8.66% in its standalone net profit to Rs167.31 crore for the fourth quarter ended on 31 December 2016.
The company, which follows January-December financial year, had posted a net profit of Rs183.19 crore during the October-December quarter last fiscal. However, net sales of the company during the quarter under review were up 16.17% to Rs2,261.28 crore as against Rs 1,946.44 crore in the corresponding quarter of the last fiscal, Nestle said in a BSE filing.
Total expenses during the quarter under review moved up 15.99% to Rs1,927.16 crore as against Rs1,661.45 crore in the year-ago period.
Shares of Nestle India today settled at Rs6,173.60 on BSE, down 0.58% from previous close.
Editor's Picks »
- Sterlite protests land a blow to Vedanta boss Anil Agarwal’s ambitions
- Sterlite protests updates: DMK, allies call for Tamil Nadu bandh, Rajnath Singh calls for peace in Tuticorin
- Vedanta warns of aluminium production cuts on coal curbs
- India-Netherlands ties: Modi welcomes Dutch PM Mark Rutte, delegation-level talks underway
- Europe’s biggest fund says Indian bond gloom to last a year