Vijaya Bank Q3 net profit falls 65.45% to Rs79.56 crore
Vijaya Bank reports a 65.45% decline in net profit at Rs79.56 crore for the December 2017 quarter compared to a net profit of Rs230.28 crore a year ago
New Delhi: State-owned Vijaya Bank on Wednesday reported a 65.45% decline in net profit at Rs79.56 crore for the third quarter ended on 31 December 2017, due to rise in provisions. The bank had posted a net profit of Rs230.28 crore in the same quarter a year ago.
The bank’s total income also declined 7.09% to Rs3,450.81 crore in the quarter from Rs3,714.37 crore a year ago, Vijaya Bank said in a BSE filing.
During the quarter, Vijaya Bank’s provision (other than tax) and contingencies grew by 62.35% to Rs676.92 crore as against Rs416.95 crore in the year-ago period.
The bank’s gross non-performing assets (NPAs) improved marginally to 6.17% as against 6.98% in the same quarter last fiscal. Net NPA’s also came down to 3.99% in the quarter under review compared to 4.74% a year ago.
At 1.20pm, Vijaya Bank shares were trading 1.16% lower at Rs68.25 on BSE.
- PE investments up 20% at $11.51 billion in Jan-July: Grant Thornton
- The price you pay to join Flipkart’s free loyalty programme
- Uber Eats evokes nostalgia with Dhara’s jalebi boy Parzan Dastur in new campaign
- Kerala floods: Reliance Jio, Airtel, Vodafone, BSNL provide free services
- Urban Ladder CEO Ashish Goel believes in tabling creativity