Jindal Stainless reports Q4 net profit of Rs 161 crore
Jindal Stainless had clocked a net loss of Rs171 crore during the January-March quarter of the previous fiscal
New Delhi: Jindal Stainless Ltd (JSL) on Friday reported Rs161.12 crore net profit for the March quarter of the last fiscal.
It had clocked a net loss of Rs171 crore during the January-March quarter of the previous fiscal, 2015-16, JSL said in a filing to the BSE.
The company’s total income rose by 23.75% to Rs 2,481.41 crore during the fourth quarter of 2016-17 as against Rs 2,005.11 crore in the year-ago period.
The total expenses of the company rose to Rs 2,267.03 crore in the period under review as against Rs 2,199.86 crore in the year-ago period.
For the entire 2016-17, the company posted a profit of Rs 81.57 crore on a consolidated basis. It had posted a net loss of Rs 556.79 crore for 2015-16 fiscal. The JSL stock closed 1.09% up at Rs 78.65 on BSE.
Editor's Picks »
- Policy rethink and higher volumes to aid container shippers
- DCB Bank delivers a strong Q2 but pressure on margins foreseen
- Havells India: Rising costs give a jolt to profitability in September quarter
- All’s well at Mindtree, except for high client concentration risk
- India’s rising steel demand is making companies starry-eyed