Alibaba buys online ticketing platform Damai
- JD (S) releases 3D game to shed anti-urban image
- Steve Smith admit ball tampering in 3rd test against South Africa
- Students march across US demanding stricter gun laws after mass shootings
- IIM-Ahmedabad raises PG management program fee to Rs22 lakh
- RLD, Nishad Party expel MLAs for cross-voting in Rajya Sabha elections in UP
Shanghai: China’s Alibaba Group Holding Ltd has fully acquired online ticketing platform Damai.cn, the e-commerce giant said on Tuesday, marking a further push into entertainment by the firm.
“Ali announces its acquisition of Damai, part of our big entertainment strategy,” the firm said on its Sina Weibo platform. “This continues an earnest three-year romance.”
In a separate post Damai said it was happy to join the “Alibaba family”. It also reposted a statement from a senior Alibaba executive saying this meant Alibaba now owned 100% of the firm.
Alibaba did not immediately respond to requests for comment.