AU Small Finance Bank Q3 net profit down 5% at Rs79 crore
Net NPAs or bad loans AU Small Finance Bank were lower at 1.87% (Rs187.72 crore) during the December quarter, from 1.92% (115.51 crore) in the year ago period
New Delhi: AU Small Finance Bank on Tuesday reported a fall of nearly 5% in its net profit at Rs78.92 crore in the third quarter ended December on uptick in bad loan provisions and higher expenses.
It had earned a net profit of Rs82.92 crore in the similar quarter of the previous fiscal. Total income of the bank, however, was higher at Rs570.20 crore as against Rs353.23 crore in same period a year ago, it said in a regulatory filing.
Total expenditure of the Jaipur-based small finance bank increased substantially to Rs417.29 crore during the third quarter of 2017-18, as against Rs208.26 crore previously. Allocation as a provision for bad loans and contingencies increased to Rs152.92 crore from Rs144.97 crore.
On asset quality front, there was only marginal increase in gross non-performing assets (NPAs) at 2.83% of the gross advances by the end of December 2017, as against a ratio of 2.75% in the similar period a year ago.
In absolute value, it was at Rs286.23 crore as against Rs167 crore. Net NPAs or bad loans however were lower at 1.87% (Rs187.72 crore) during the December quarter, from 1.92% (115.51 crore) in the year ago period. Stock of the bank closed 1.40% down at Rs679 apiece on BSE on Tuesday.
- Takahiro Hayashi: The world champion chess player who made hot Japan IPO
- The billionaires and the guru: How Singh brothers burnt through $2 billion
- IPG Mediabrands’ Initiative wins Anchor Electricals’ Rs 100 crore media mandate
- Walmart reports Q2 loss, but higher sales; shares surge
- Uber quarterly loss jumps as it invests in ‘big bets’
Editor's Picks »
- Recent rise in trade deficit is not due to the oil prices
- Safeguard duty proposal has deepened uncertainty in the solar energy sector
- Fortis Healthcare: What now, after IHH entry and June quarter loss?
- Weak Q1 for Amara Raja but investors pin hopes on softening lead prices
- IDBI Bank Q1 results show how expensive it is for LIC