Tiger Global enters invests in Vedantu
Tutoring company Vedantu Innovations raises $5 million in first round of funding
Mumbai: Vedantu Innovations Pvt. Ltd, a Bangalore-based online tutoring company, said on Thursday that it has raised $5 million in its first round of funding from Accel Partners and Tiger Global Management.
The company will use the funds to extend the online services for computer tablets and mobile devices and strengthen the technology solution.
Other private equity- and venture capital-backed start-ups that provide online test preparation courses include embibe.com that raised funds form Lighbox Ventures and acquired 100marks.com in March this year. Toppr.com also raised $10 million. In April, pagalguy.com announced plans to raise $20 million (around Rs.125 crore).
Editor's Picks »
- Aavishkaar to raise ₹225 crore fund from US-based TIAA
- Liberty House keen to resolve issues in Amtek, Adhunik deals
- Compensation hiked for patients of J&J faulty hip implants
- Opinion | When will India’s war on air pollution finally begin?
- Small businesses facing liquidity crunch seek cheaper funds, leniency on bad loans
- 5 issues that’ll dominate RBI board meeting tomorrow
- Future Retail’s Q2 result shows improvement in same-store sales
- Private insurance firms grow at the expense of LIC stuck with a sick bank
- Page Industries’s lofty valuations get a reality check in Q2
- Q2 results: Grasim’s Vodafone Idea stake is proving costly