MRF Q1 net profit plunges 78% to Rs106.53 crore
New Delhi: Tyre major MRF has reported a 78.30% plunge in its standalone net profit at Rs106.53 crore for the quarter ended 30 June, on account of higher expenses.
The company had posted a net profit of Rs490.93 crore during the same period previous fiscal, MRF Ltd said in a BSE filing.
Total income during the quarter under review stood at Rs 4,060.93 crore as against Rs 3,955.93 crore in the year-ago period, up 2.65%.
Total expenses also grew 21.01% to Rs3,926.31 crore during the period compared to Rs 3,244.45 crore in the same quarter last fiscal. The stock closed 2.57% down at Rs 67,400 apiece on BSE.
- Indian scientists using artificial intelligence to predict early onset of Alzheimer’s
- People need to make preventive measure a habit if India is to become malaria-free by 2027: home insecticides makers
- Bollywood is in love with biopics. But will it last?
- Flipkart wins relief over tax on discounts
- Why homebuyers can’t expect any RERA relief soon