Arvind Ltd Q2 net profit at Rs64 crore
Arvind Ltd’s total income during the September quarter stood at Rs2,654.03 crore
New Delhi: Textile and apparel player Arvind Ltd on Wednesday reported a consolidated net profit of Rs64.50 crore for the quarter ended September. The company had posted a net profit of Rs76.65 crore during the same period previous fiscal, it said in a stock exchange filing.
The company said effective 1 April, it has consolidated Tommy Hilfiger Arvind Fashion and Calvin Klein Arvind Fashion as subsidiaries and therefore the second quarter results are not comparable. Total income during the quarter under review stood at Rs2,654.03 crore.
It was Rs2,353.22 crore during the same period of 2016-17. “Second quarter turned out to be another challenging quarter for the industry with GST implementation impacting our domestic textile business,” Arvind Ltd director and chief financial officer Jaayesh Shah said.
On the outlook, he said the company expects the transitionary impact of GST to settle down and revenue growth to return to normalcy. The stock was trading 4.95% down at Rs432.45 on BSE.
- All new Mercedes-Benz diesel cars will be Bharat Stage VI compliant
- Lupin, Japan’s Nichi-Iko tie up to distribute biosimilar drug
- Piramal Capital grants Rs 200 crore to Appaswamy for land acquisition
- Myntra eyes 40% jump in sales during its End of Reason Sale in June
- Thyssenkrupp shareholders said to be sceptical of Tata Steel merger deal
Editor's Picks »
- RBI wants banks to discipline Indian corporates on working capital
- For stressed power assets resolution, patience is the virtue for banks, govt
- Exide’s valuation zooms as it claws back market share lost to Amara Raja
- Trapped in mid-cap stocks? What investors should do
- TCS share buyback shows absurdities of India’s repurchase rules