CESC net profit in June quarter flat at Rs174 crore
- Market volatility will rise in short-term as elections near: Rana Gupta
- Doing business in India: ‘Substance’ over ‘form’ in transfer pricing regime
- Hong Kong can be India’s gateway to China: Gautam Bambawale
- Jerome Powell moves to normalize US monetary policy
- Piramal Finance to invest Rs10,000 crore in hotel assets: MD Khushru Jijina
Power utility CESC Ltd on Wednesday announced a net profit of Rs174 crore in the quarter ended June, almost unchanged from a year ago, as an increase in costs offset 11.6% year-on-year gains in revenue.
The company reported total revenue of Rs1,912 crore, as against Rs1,713 crore in the same quarter a year ago. The biggest jump in costs came from power purchased from other producers—from Rs502 crore a year ago, it shot up to Rs684 crore in the June quarter.
CESC’s shares rose 2.66% to Rs655.10 apiece on BSE in a flat market.