Latest bank FD rates: What SBI, HDFC Bank, Axis Bank, Yes Bank and Bank of Baroda offer
Here is a list of the current FD rates from some popular banks for deposits up to Rs 1 crore over various tenures.
Bank fixed deposits (FDs) continue to be popular investment products not just among senior citizens, who are looking for guaranteed income, but also among investors who can’t stomach risk.
But over-exposure to FDs is not good, and you need to assess your asset allocation and goals to decide how much money you should park in them.
For instance, saving for your child’s higher education that’s 15 years away through FDs may not be a great idea as the post-tax interest rate of an FD may not give you a real return (return that’s above the rate of inflation), but if you plan to take a holiday in two years, an FD can help.
Before choosing an FD, you should compare the interest rates on offer. Here is a list of the current FD rates from some popular banks for deposits up to Rs1 crore over various tenures.
- Indiabulls Ventures promoter Sameer Gehlaut, 5 others settle case with Sebi
- Gold prices rise again today, silver rates surge
- Banking, NBFC stocks gain on hopes of easier norms after Urjit Patel exit
- Where is the wrath of the markets?
- Markets, rupee recover slightly but analysts cautious on Urjit Patel’s exit
Editor's Picks »
- Steel stocks get winter chill as China demand issues resurface
- Why Uday Kotak’s defiance is scaring his bank’s investors
- Exit RBI governor Urjit Patel, enter wrath of the markets?
- The government has a troubling message for minority shareholders
- Opec-allies’ output cut may not amount to big shift in oil prices