NTPC Q2 profit falls marginally, misses estimates
Net profit came in at Rs 2,426 crore for the three months ended 30 September, compared with Rs 2,439 crore a year earlier
Bengaluru: Power producer NTPC Ltd reported a marginal fall in September-quarter profit on Friday, missing estimates, as higher expenses weighed.
Profit came in at Rs 2,426 crore for the three months ended 30 September, compared with Rs 2,439 crore a year earlier, said the country’s largest electric utility company by market capitalisation.
Analysts on average had expected a profit of Rs 2,578 crore, according to IBES data from Refinitiv.
Total expenses for the quarter rose 17.5% to Rs 19,851 crore.
Revenue from operations grew 13% to Rs 22,261 crore during the quarter.
This story has been published from a wire agency feed without modifications to the text. Only the headline has been changed
- Facebook advertising rules to become stricter for Lok Sabha election
- SpiceJet launches new domestic flight
- Opinion | Tesla doesn’t need to sell cars in China to succeed there
- Amazon posts first job listings for its New York office expansion
- Huawei’s founder Ren Zhengfei denies spying, praises Donald Trump
Editor's Picks »
- Why Tata Motors’ Project Charge at JLR is failing to recharge its shares
- Outlook on global profit growth worst since 2008 financial crisis
- Q3 results: ICICI Securities loses its retail broking crown
- High drug approvals to keep up pricing pressure for pharma firms
- Roads sector: Toll collections set to surge, but risks loom for developers