Godfrey Phillips appoints Ruchir Modi non-executive director
The move comes six months after Ruchir Modi, son of former IPL chairman Lalit Modi, was appointed additional director of Godfrey Phillips India
New Delhi: Cigarette maker Godfrey Phillips India Ltd on Wednesday said its shareholders have approved appointment of Ruchir Kumar Modi, son of former Indian Premier League chairman Lalit Modi, as non-executive director of the company.
The move comes six months after Ruchir was appointed additional director of the company.
The shareholders of the company, in its annual general meeting on 26 September, passed the resolution of Ruchir’s appointment as non-executive director with 99.3% votes, the company said in a BSE filing.
The shareholders also approved reappointment of Bina Modi on the board. Bina, who was retiring by rotation, is the wife of Krishan Kumar Modi, head of KK Modi Group. Godfrey Phillips India is the flagship company of KK Modi Group.
Editor's Picks »
- Same-store sales growth trips at Future Retail
- Cipla Q4 FY18 results no reason to reverse stock underperformance
- Dr Reddy’s Q4: It’s a wait and watch, share price spike notwithstanding
- What SBI Q4 results say about the Indian economy and the bank
- Patanjali’s slowing growth does not mean that Colgate’s is accelerating