Kiran Mazumdar-Shaw conferred knighthood by French government
- Defer Binani Cement’s resolution process, Braj Binani group tells NCLT
- Govt to set up more NCLTs to handle wave of bankruptcy cases
- Sebi to focus on big bang market reforms at board meeting
- Kumar Rangarajan, who sold his Little Eye Labs to Facebook, is back with Slang Labs
- Blue Star puts J&K plant on hold over tax breaks
Hyderabad: Biopharmaceutical firm Biocon Ltd, on Thursday said its chairperson and managing director Kiran Mazumdar-Shaw has been appointed ‘Chevalier de l’Ordre National de la Légion d’Honneur’ or Knight of the National Order of the French Legion of Honour for her outstanding contribution and dedication to the biosciences and research field globally.
“The award will be conferred on behalf of the President of the French Republic at a special ceremony later this year,” Biocon said in a statement.
“It is an absolute privilege for me to be appointed ‘Chevalier l’Ordre National de la Légion d’Honneur’ and I am deeply grateful to the French government for this great honour,” said Mazumdar-Shaw.
“I owe this recognition to my wonderful team at Biocon who have joined me in my mission to harness the power of biotechnology to provide affordable access to life saving biopharmaceuticals for cancer and diabetes,” Mazumdar-Shaw said.
Chevalier l’Ordre National de la Légion d’Honneur, created in 1802, by Napoleon Bonaparte, is the highest civilian award of the French Republic for outstanding contribution in diverse fields bestowed on people across the world.