StanPlus raises $1.1 million from Kalaari Capital, INSEAD Angels Asia
On-demand ambulance service StanPlus to use the funds to expand the network of ambulances and expand to more geographies, besides adding technology features to its fleet
New Delhi: Hyderabad-based on-demand ambulance service StanPlus Thursday said it has raised $1.1 million from Kalaari Capital’s seed fund Kstart and INSEAD Angels Asia.
“Our aim is to empower people during difficult situations. We see a huge gap in the ambulance transportation service from home to hospital and hospital to home especially in the non-emergency sector,” co-founder Antoine Poirson said.
The start-up was launched in 2016 by INSEAD alumni Poirson, Prabhdeep Singh and Jose Leon. It operates over 300 ambulances in Hyderabad and adjoining towns in Andhra Pradesh and Telangana.
StanPlus ambulances are equipped with advanced support systems, cardiac machines, trained paramedics and are tracked using GPS. The company says it is building a reliable ambulance service—one where the ambulance is summoned through one dedicated hotline number and arrives within 15 minutes.
StanPlus has partnered with 15 hospitals for the service. The company said it will use the funds to expand the network of ambulances and expand to more geographies, besides adding technology features to its fleet.
- Kotak Bank shares fall 3% as court denies stay in Uday Kotak shareholding case
- ABB sells Power Grids to Hitachi in $11 billion deal
- Petrol prices hiked for third time in 5 days, diesel rates rise. Check today’s rates
- Indians spending more on premium alcohol, driving growth in spirits market
- IIT Madras-Nasscom to train IT professionals in digital skills
Latest News »
Editor's Picks »
- Does Reliance Jio see need to deleverage?
- 4 years since Senvion sale, turnaround continues to elude Suzlon
- Falling fuel prices, new axle norms to help cement makers save freight cost
- Tailwinds of debt reduction and annuity sales drive DLF’s shares
- Expecting a quick recovery in rural consumption will be foolhardy