GE buys cloud-based software firm ServiceMax for $915 million
- Farm distress is now haunting us: NITI Aayog’s Rajiv Kumar
- Uttam Galva gets nod for change in ArcelorMittal Netherlands’s profile
- Ujjawala scheme: Indian Oil, others defer loan recovery up to 6 refills
- Lingayats and Veershaiva one and the same, says All India Veershaiva Mahasabha
- Raghuram Rajan, corporate leaders to set up Rs750 crore university
Bengaluru: General Electric Co. (GE) said its software unit bought ServiceMax, a cloud-based provider of software used in inventory and workforce management, for $915 million.
GE said the acquisition was part of GE Digital’s strategy to advance its “Industrial Internet” vision.
GE wants to connect machines using the internet, producing data that can improve productivity, reduce emissions and lower fuel costs. Reuters