Sail reports 10th straight quarterly loss
Sail’s net loss came in at Rs539 crore in the quarter ended 30 September, compared with a loss of Rs732 crore in the year-ago period
Bengaluru: Steel Authority of India Ltd posted a narrower second-quarter loss on Thursday, the tenth straight loss in a row.
Net loss came in at Rs539 crore ($82.96 million) in the quarter ended 30 September, compared with a loss of Rs732 crore in the year-ago period.
Analysts on average had expected the state-run company to post a loss of Rs273 crore, according to Thomson Reuters data.
Quarterly revenue from operations was up about 8% at Rs13,617 crore, while total expenses rose 2.7% to Rs14,109 crore. Reuters
Editor's Picks »
- Salman Khan’s ‘Race 3’ crosses Rs 100 crore milestone over opening weekend
- Audi CEO Rupert Stadler arrested in diesel emission case
- Buying a used car? How to get the right loan
- Climate change may spark conflict over fisheries as species migrate
- ICICI Bank CEO Chanda Kochhar’s fate to be decided today at board meet: Report
- RBI wants banks to discipline Indian corporates on working capital
- For stressed power assets resolution, patience is the virtue for banks, govt
- Exide’s valuation zooms as it claws back market share lost to Amara Raja
- Trapped in mid-cap stocks? What investors should do
- TCS share buyback shows absurdities of India’s repurchase rules