NTPC Q2 net profit down 18% on tax adjustments
NTPC Ltd reported 17.87% drop in stand-alone net profit at Rs2,495.97 crore for the second quarter
New Delhi: NTPC Ltd reported 17.87% drop in stand-alone net profit at Rs2,495.97 crore for the second quarter ended 30 September, 2016. It had posted net profit of Rs3,039.23 crore for the quarter July-September period of 2015-16.
According to the company statement, its total income increased from Rs18,218.16 crore a year ago, to Rs19,588.56 crore for the second quarter of the current fiscal.
During second quarter last fiscal, NTPC was benefitted due to refunds and other receivables on account of tax adjustments, a company official said.
The state-owned thermal power major said its revenue from electricity generation increased to Rs19,491.54 crore in the quarter under review, compared to Rs17,993.50 crore in same period last year.
The gross electricity generation of the company in the quarter under review was 60.593 billion units (BUs) compared with 60.160BUs. Similarly, the electricity sent out was 56.476BUs in second quarter compared with 55.875BUs a year ago.
The company’s plant load factor (PLF) or proportion of generation capacity utilisation was 74.65% at thermal (coal) power plants in the quarter compared with 77.27% a year ago.
The PLF at company’s hydro power plants was 92.58% in the quarter compared with 83.29% a year ago.
The gas based plants’ PLF was 23.57% in the period compared with 25.73% last year. The capacity utilisation was 13.86% in second quarter compared with 14.78% year ago.
The average tariff of electricity of the company was Rs3.25 per unit during April-September period this fiscal, according to the statement.
The NTPC group, including its subsidiaries and joint venture, have total installed power generation capacity of 47,228MW as on 30 September, 2016. The company’s stand-alone power generation capacity as on 30 September, 2016 was 40,262MW, it stated in its performance highlights.
Editor's Picks »
- Mann Ki Baat: PM Modi urges people to shun plastics
- Three dozen companies line up IPOs worth Rs35,000 crore
- Niti Aayog says all macroeconomic parameters improved in four years of Modi govt
- Inclusion of ATF under GST will help airlines cut cost, says Suresh Prabhu
- Narendra Modi inaugurates first phase of Delhi-Meerut Expressway
- Motherson Sumi continues to face margin pressure in foreign markets
- What the Warren Buffett indicator tells us about market valuations today
- Jet Airways lands with a thud in Q4 as fuel costs increase
- IBC amendments: Some dilutions, and a lot more speed
- Patanjali’s gambit is paying off in toothpaste wars